I love a good Merry Berry recipe! And this was so easy to do, lets get started shall we...
For The Cake:
- 125g (4oz) soft butter
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flower
- 125g (4oz)
- 2tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
For The Icing
- 125g (4oz) soft unsalted butter
- 250g (8oz) icing sugar
- Juice of one small lemon
- Edible decorations
- Line the muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl and whisk until it's evenly combined and smooth
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C (gas mark 4) for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst that's in the oven start making the icing.
- Put the butter and half the icing sugar in the bowl- whisk until smooth. Add the lemon juice and the rest of the icing sugar then whisk it all again until light and fluffy.
- Decorate however you like!
- It will make 12 cupcakes
I decorated it with broken chocolate because we didn't have much else in the house. They were so easy to make and I hate baking! But anything by Mary Berry seems to go alright, if I can do it so can you! Oh... and the best part is eating them... they taste amazing! They are definitely moreish, I had two in one sitting.
*Sorry if any of the photos are blurry, I think I got a little too excited.*